My Idea coming together

After some playing around and adding code from other processing documents I have made in workshops and at home I was finally able to achieve one of my ideas I mentioned in a previous blog post. By adding a transparent rectangle that fits the whole screen and sits over the video. This alpha channel combined with a fill with slight opacity has allowed the drawn contours to remain static for a few seconds and then fade away. In the screen shot below you can see that I have moved my head and the sketch has drawn where the movement began and it stayed there after I had moved.

Hopefully after the christmas holidays I will be able to test this in Weymouth house to see how the installation works in a larger space with more people and a lot more movement. Through testing I will be able to see if there are any problems that will need to be fixed and also how people will react to it. Testing the installation is a very important step in finalising the design

.Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 16.05.03

Advertisements
My Idea coming together